Salesynopsis: How much room is there to improve your sales?
Often it can take an experienced outside view to make a truly independent assessment of what is working in sales; to "see the wood for the trees".
- "Is our sales strategy right for the current conditions?"
- "Are we selling the right message to the right people?"
- "How well are we managing the process?"
- "Are we focusing on price more than we should?"
- "Our progress is slow - what are we missing?"
Companies I've worked with want action; not lengthy reports. So over the years I have refined Salesynopsis; an intensive 5-day evaluation of sales team performance; providing answers to challenges in sales - fast.
"An honest and frank assessment of our current approach to sales"
Salesynopsis: An intense 5-day review
Most sales organisations do not need a detailed in-depth analysis examining every tiny aspect of sales. In many cases, 80% of the needs in sales can be identified in just one week.
Management and the Sales Strategy - A thorough overview of your plans as a Management team. What is the overall strategy of the business? What are the growth expectations and what sort of business are you (or should you be) looking for?
Sales Area Presentations - A detailed look at how your sales team plan to deliver the strategy outlined above. What is the activity and where is the sales emphasis? A day your sales people need to prepare for.
Sales Practice Review - Interactive workshop and brainstorming sessions to see how your team approach sales currently. What is the sales message used? How are potential customers targeted and developed? What is the sales process?
Marketing, Numbers and Systems - A look at how you manage your prospect information and your sales pipeline. I need to understand your sales metrics (targets and conversion rates). I also want to review your lead generation activity.
Management Review - Back to the Management team to clarify what has developed during the week. Includes a review of how your Management work with the team to develop sales.
The "9 signs of life" in sales
Salesynopsis evaluates "9 signs of life" in your sales and makes practical recommendations on how sales performance "gaps" in your business can be improved.
1) The corporate sales strategy - the direction you want to take the business
2) Your sales proposition - how you differentiate your business to customers
3) Key account development - how major accounts are managed and grown
4) Sales planning and reporting - how sales people plan to deliver the above
5) Lead generation - how sales leads are identified, approached and developed
6) Selling practices - the day-to-day habits of the sales team
7) The sales pipeline - how sales opportunities are turned into paid business
8) Performance measures - how your key sales metrics are tracked
9) Information & data management - how sales and marketing data is controlled
The sales performance report
The final report highlights how well your sales operation is prepared to face your current challenges in sales and the size of any performance gaps which exist.
It provides a detailed list of actions; some of which you and your team will be able to implement immediately without the need for further support.
If you need help in seeing things through, my experience as an interim will ensure any changes made are successful and that your sales improve as a result.